Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Trey-Bren-Ellis Awards



Here is a list of the best things I have read this year. I first need to confess that my brain is small and I read a grand total of 1.5 books in 2015. My point is, don't get jealous. I read all of these periodicals while you probably read more books than me.

The only criteria for making the list is that the article had to stay with me for a few days....as in I read it -- and I couldn't stop thinking about it.

PS - the awards are named after my three kids, who I neglected over the last year so I could read everything.

Best of the Best:

Why your brain hates your new sweater

Just in case you thought Twitter didn't have a place in the world


Bring the Kleenex box close before you read:

Taking care of your spouse when the stuff hits the fan

Going out strong

Inspiration in the face of desperation

Sportiness:

The reason you should root for the Golden State Warriors

You should find your Grind Activator (read this even if you don't like sports)

I despise most Raider Fans....not this one

Blowing You up:

If you want your mind to be blown by the expanse of the universe (its not a new article, but I got to it this year) Thanks Uncle Kirk

Articles about people I kind-of-knowish that made movies my kids love

Religious:

It was close between an article about the Pope and Louis CK( I went Louis)

I'm just saying

Music:

Music article is about a cover band

Food:

You're eating Mexican food whether you like it or not

http://graphics.latimes.com/product-of-mexico-camps/

Just for Funzies:

If you made it this far...your being rewarded with my favorite Onion article
http://www.theonion.com/article/man-carefully-settles-on-backup-channel-for-when-a-37888

No comments:

Post a Comment